Saturday, April 4, 2009

Meanwhile Back in Gainesville...

While Gavin and I were at Sea World, Nathan was collecting food for local food pantries with Cub Scouts.  He was supposed to have his first soccer game ever, but he missed it (which was good for me because then I didn't miss his first game ever).  Instead he got to go on a canoe trip with daddy and Grampa B.  Every once in a while when the weather is nice Jonathan will suggest that we try to canoe to the springs, because that is where I like to go.  The problem is that we never actually get to any springs.  Nathan says that they were trying to go to the springs again last week (probably so daddy wouldn't have to face my wrath again on the next trip in which we never actually make it to any springs) and did not make it.  Here are some of the pictures.  Jonathan and Nathan wading in the water.



Some beautiful Florida scenery.



Nathan likes to try and keep a bone collection (as well as any other type of collection that will junk up his room and gross out his mom), this alligator tailbone will be a lovely addition if he can keep track of it long enough to get it home.



Grampa B trying out the water.  I bet it is cold!



Nathan working hard while his dad loads up the canoe.  He still has the gator tail, but a week later I have yet to see it around the house.  I wonder what happened to it...  


No comments: